Creating A Property Marketing Plan
The Price is Right
A key part of the marketing plan is setting the list price. If a home is priced too low, you won’t benefit from the optimal profit. If a home is priced too high, potential buyers may be turned off. To determine the best asking price review the cost of recently sold homes, evaluate the competition and study marketplace trends. CENTURY 21 All Islands Agents are trained to use this information to help you reach the right asking price. It is also helpful to discuss other terms and conditions, such as timing and items that can be included with the sale of the home. Both of these can make your home more attractive to potential buyers.;
Top 10 Tips to Make Your Home More Appealing to Buyers
- Clean, Organize, and Neutralize Your Space: Declutter your house to make it look bigger and cleaner. Buyers need to be able to envision their own belongings in the home, so avoid using bright colors and too many personal effects.
- Keep your lawn green: Get your lawn in shape. A patchy lawn takes away from the home's overall appearance. Your local hardware store has supplies to re-seed those unhealthy areas.
- Add insulation to save energy: The most inexpensive way to increase your home's energy is to add insulation which can reduce heating and cooling costs by more than 25%.
- Update Kitchen Appliances: The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first, and an updated kitchen can help sell your home. You don't have to remodel your kitchen to give it a new look. Updating your appliances to the current standard and replacing cabinet doors and hardware can make a big impact at a relatively low cost
- Update those bathroom fixtures: A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look of your bathroom. Updating simple fixtures such as your sink and faucet can give any outdated bathroom style. And, according to Bankrate.com, minor bathroom remodels typically return over 100% of the initial investment.
- Build or repair a fence: If you're trying to sell a house, the appearance of a fence adds value to the home overall. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard.
- Repair the gutter: Ensuring that your gutter is clean is crucial in protecting your home against water damage.
- Light up the outside: An easy and inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting. It makes it more appealing and safer.
- Store and organize: Ample storage space is a plus, especially when it comes to garages and closets. Efficient closet structures can help keep your clothes organized and can save space.
- Polish off the basement: Rather than adding an additional room, it is more cost-efficient to remodel your basement. This adds value and usable space.
- Ordering a "FOR SALE" sign to be placed prominently on your property.
- Installing a lock box to make it easy for agents to show your home.
- Submitting your home to the regional Multiple Listing Service for immediate exposure to the real estate community.
- Arranging other real estate agents in the area to tour the home.
- Developing a flyer/brochure highlighting the features and benefits of your home.
- Promoting your home at the appropriate Association(s) of REALTORS® for maximum exposure to other cooperating agents.
- Holding open houses when appropriate.
- Contacting your neighbors to promote the property.
- Advertising your property on our regular office schedule meetings.
- Featuring your property on our web site and the many other national and international sites that carry listings for CENTURY 21 All Islands.
- Pospecting or data base for Clients who have expressed an interest in a home like yours.
- Sending emails of your listing to prospective.
Back to Top